1999 BF50AX - removing rubber mounts between engine and pivot assembly ??

SXMsailor

Recruit
I have a frozen pivot assembly. I needed to remove the pivot tube from the engine and now need to remove the rubber mountings (Item 4 on swivel case diagram) from the engine case. I have taken out the 4 bolts (Item 16) and square cover (Item 6) from each side, but can't pull the rubber mounts out to change the bolts. Any suggestion as to how to pull them out? They have "glued" themselves in the recess.

SXMsailor

Recruit
Well, I have not gotten any responses but I will answer my own question for future generations.....

I used a 1/2" drill to punch 3 holes side-by-side around the perimeter all the way to the back of the cavity. That gave me some room to pry the rubber away from the case and shoot some silicone lube around it. Then I grabbed the center bolt with vise-grips and just yanked it in every direction until it came out. Repeated this for the other one and then scraped out the residue. It took over two hours, but it's ready for the new vibration mounts.

See "Splines on pivot tube don't fit into mount on extension case" for the next pi**er of a problem.