M18C2 Carburator Nozzle

kcfourwheelin

Recruit
I have the M18C2 and like many others are up against no parts being available.
Two questions I have:
1: Are there any places that anyone knows of that has inventory on new or used parts still for this outboard
2: I just need the main nozzle (not the main jet), are there any other models that share the same nozzle or one close to it

Thanks.

cgd27

Cadet
Did you ever find a nozzle? Seems I am in the market for the same thing

cgd27

Cadet
I was able to find it from megazip.net it's in Japan so I have about 2 weeks before it comes in

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
These older motors are getting real hard to find parts for, I ended up purchasing the inventory from a store that closed, unfortunately there were few carb parts, but I did get quite a bit of other parts that I will be able to use or sell over the next few years.

cgd27

Cadet
I'm just trying to keep my motor running. It's a shame that parts are not being made anymore. The motor is great, always starts right up or atleast it did(knock on wood) and had the previous owner not broke the nozzle and rigged it, I would most likely not be having any problems with it at all. I guess my next hunt now will be a fuel pump kit carb kit and water pump before they go obsolete also. I just hope the supplier I found has these items because the carb kit I understand is already NLA from the U.S

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If you plan running obsolete Tohatsu OB's you should stock important parts for them, the current model in production is M18E2, far away model with lots if tech improvements over the obsolete 18C-C2. Yep, Japs don't manufacture or stocks old parts for long term periods as US manufacturers does.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

TGuy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Considering that production of the 18C2 model ended in 1992, almost 24 years ago, it shouldn't be a big surprise that nobody has parts for these any longer. That's a long time to keep parts sitting on a shelf.

cgd27

Cadet
I have done the research, it's just a shame that the motor outlasts the parts. If only American made products were the same way

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Considering that production of the 18C2 model ended in 1992, almost 24 years ago, it shouldn't be a big surprise that nobody has parts for these any longer. That's a long time to keep parts sitting on a shelf.

I don't know, I have no problems finding parts for my 66 mercury, my 62 and 64 evinrude's and my early 70's suzuki. Based on what Tohatsu told me, my M18C2 was manufactured in 1996, that is what the serial number indicates.

cgd27

Cadet
I was actually able to find the nozzle I needed. After searching literally every where in the country and further I was able to buy a complete motor for parts ten minutes from the house. The motor has everything minus the starter and its components. Even the prop looks almost new. Thanks to every one that chimed in

Last edited:

Jhawk090108

Cadet
I was calling the main nozzle the main jet. I needed the main nozzle. Same thing that happened to yours happened to mine. I just put some lock tight on it and it's running like a champ. Not sure for how long.