Tohatsu m90a crank question

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Hello I need to know if i can replace the main bearings on the crank of my tohatsu m90a if so are they available.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check Boatsdotnet for parts under piston & crank shaft for Tohatsu 2002 year. They stock old parts...

Happy Boating

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Thank you they don't list one. Its a one piece crank i found someone to get it apart just need the bearing

pvanv

Admiral
It's a pressed assembly. Tohatsu does not offer those bearings separately.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Both upper and lower bearings appears on the page, have you scrolled the entire page down ? Check if available.

Upper bearing 353-00113-0 $ 70.55.

Lower bearing 96030-6208 $ 23.96

Happy Boating

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Hopefully I can find numbers on them and get them through a secondary source. I live in WI I have a couple of snowmobile shops around here that can work on that kind of crank. Otherwise off to the scrap yard

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A friend went to a bearing shop and bough compatible same number code spare bearings, installed them, in short time began having vibrations which got louder, dismantled cranckcase, to his surprise found the new bearings had worn the interior of the case right where bearings rests, was not aware that OB bearings have a small side pin that locks them onto crankcase. His experiment ended being a costly one, very bad music indeed.

Happy Boating