Force 85 Carb leaking

rayfavre

Recruit
Hello Folks, hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my issue. rebuilt all 3 of my carbs, I noticed that the lower & Middle carb have like a jet hole or 'over fill' type of hole just above the bowl, however, the top carb does not. well after rebuilding the carbs, even though I tested the floats before re-installing them to confirm the needle was seating correctly when the float is all the way up, the middle carb is leaking fuel out of that Jet / weep hole. so I replaced the needle, & retested & still doing the same thing! RRRRGGGHH! these carbs do not have removable seats as far as I can tell, can anyone else confirm this?
I noticed the needle has a rubberized type of tip. Just though I would ask around before i blow $100 bucks on a new carb.

Thanks much!

Jiggz

Captain
There is a good way to test if the needle seats and closes the inlet valve. With the bowl off, connect a clean fuel hose to the inlet connection of each carb. Slightly blow into it to make sure air is going into the inlet. If air is going thru, then slowly lift the float until it closes the needle valve. If this put a lot of resistance to your blowing into the fuel hose then it tells you the needle is closing the inlet. If not, then troubleshoot.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
No overflow hole?
How about some pics?
The 'new" parts don't always work.
Try the old needles.
The Chrysler/Force came with a couple of different carbs(probably 50-60+).
The rubber tip needle or a solid needle.
The solid had a small o-ring in the bottom of the seat it can go bad.
Pics of the stuff you have?