Force 50hp tune up question

mick97

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1989 force.the black cover with blue writing.It studders a little. What all is involved in a tune up on these motors?
I also might want to time it.Where do i get access to the timing? My old 85 force had a spot under the flywheel to set.So not sure on this one where to set timing.I did put in new plugs,but wanted to know what else I can do.
Thanks,
scotty

Jiggz

Captain
Read through the FAQ sticky posts . . . there is a section in there for Link and Synch and also for timing procedures.

mick97

Petty Officer 1st Class
Im kinda new hee.Do you have a link for the faq so i can go directly there fo the 50 force?thanks,scotty :)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Studders? How? Explain?
Usually the timing doesn't change unless you have moved something or changed a part.
Just change plugs, and reset the carb.

mick97

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well i was told its electronic,so no timing by someone..Dont know how to reset carb.. But i drained it incase water might of gotten in it.
Put on a new bulb to squeese,and seemed to run good.Then shut it off to fish,and it wouldnt start lol.Got towed home ha..

So the next day I go to start it,and waalaa..Really weird.Guess I should take it out again,and when it dies,ground the plugs and see if theres spark hu?

It ran ok for a week..Then just after going across a small lake and shutting it off to fish,20 minutes later.nothing... it tried,but nothing..I tried to get in gear once it started,but couldnt get there.

mick97

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well it ran ok and went around the lake 3 times..pulled in and shut it off.Tried to start it,and it won't start.Tried again the next day,and it started.This one has me baffled lol.Any one have advice?thanx