Hey,Frank?

3rdtimesthecharm

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you have a hot rod motor project or anything in the works we can look forward to hearing about this summer?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
I am playing around with my Chrysler 140 on a 14 foot flat bottom. Right now the mods previously done only allow it to get up to 47 MPH and that is simply not acceptable. I had a stock Force 125 on the same hull which turned 5900 and 55 MPH. I will try a couple of other mods to try to get it up to 6000 or so RPM. My goal is 60 MPH. However, repairs to the house and yard, my little part time outboard repair business, and raging arthritis all make it difficult to work on my own engines. I take heavy duty drugs for my condition and have my blood drawn and tested every two weeks. Yes, getting old sucks, but I don't like the alternative.

I do have a strong Force150 which makes any Chrysler look sick but I am leery of the weight. It may just make the hull dangerous to handle. See my video on youtube with a Chrysler 60 on a 10 foot tunnel hull. I made two runs and had enough! The power and weight made the ordinarily relatively docile hull a bear to handle..