force no spark

jjohnston04

Cadet
I recently got my boat out and it ran great. The next day went to get it out and no spark on any cylinder. I have been doing the trouble shooting tips and when I got to the trouble shooting tip disconnect the rectifier I did and it got spark back on all three cylinders so it said to replace the rectifire so I did. And no spark on any cylinders. Any ideas? Or should I just replace the trigger and the stater?

Jiggz

Captain
It's not unusual to get a bad electronic part once in awhile. Make sure your wirings are connected properly. The yellow and blue pair of wires should be connected to the CD modules and should be in pair with each CDM. The green/yellow wires goes to the rectifier. Check the resistance between each pair of blue and yellow wires and it should be 680-800 ohms. If this is good, then check resistance between ckts, i.e. charging circuit (green/yellow) and power ckt (yellow and blue) and there should be no reading or infinity. If there is then it indicates there is a short in the stator. If it is good, then check each ckt to ground and again there should be infinity.