Control Cable Bracket for 1967 Chrysler 75 hp model: 75773

NeilDaCosta

Cadet
Just spent the last 2 weeks putting in a new floor on my 1967 Hidula C Craft and when I was connecting the control arm, the swivel bracket broke on me. So I have a few questions:

Anyone selling the whole bracket assembly?

Is the bracket assembly the same as a 1968 Chrysler 45hp(there is a parts engine for sale locally)?

Would someone be kind enough to post a photo of the correct way the control arm and throttle arm attach to their respective brackets on the engine? I took a photo before dis-assembly last Fall, but of course can't find it now. I have a feeling mine snapped because I was trying to clamp the wrong part of the control arm.

Thanks.

Neil

Attachments

• photo219790.jpg
    photo219790.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo219791.jpg
    photo219791.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
The 45 is different in that the arm is different BUT the cable clamp is the same.You would need to press out the swivel pin on both arms, swap the cable clamp, and then re-swage the pin into the control arm. Instead of buying a whole engine make a clamp out of a piece of aluminum.

NeilDaCosta

Cadet
Thanks Frank. You wouldn't happen to have an image of how the the control arms sit in the brackets do you? I re-watched your video on tuning, but noticed you had the arms disconnected.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
I think in one of the videos I did say something about setting the control cables in the clamps. The cables have a groove at the end of the outer jacket. The clamp has a stake mark in the center of the bent steel part. The protrusion from the stake mark sits in the groove in the cable and locks it in place.

The cables are universal and can be used with either end at the engine.

Chrysler used a goofy arrangement: At the engine, the outer sheath connects to the linkage and the inner cable is anchored solidly to the engine block. At the control box, the outer sheath is anchored and the inner cable moves. As I said, goofy---but it works.

NeilDaCosta

Cadet
I think in one of the videos I did say something about setting the control cables in the clamps. The cables have a groove at the end of the outer jacket. The clamp has a stake mark in the center of the bent steel part. The protrusion from the stake mark sits in the groove in the cable and locks it in place.

The cables are universal and can be used with either end at the engine.

Chrysler used a goofy arrangement: At the engine, the outer sheath connects to the linkage and the inner cable is anchored solidly to the engine block. At the control box, the outer sheath is anchored and the inner cable moves. As I said, goofy---but it works.

Got it, thanks! Found the whole bracket assembly from a slightly newer 75hp at the boat junkyard today. It fit fine, and the swivel bracket is actually reenforced(where mine broke) on the newer one.

Also took your advice and had my friend machine me a new bracket out of aluminum, so I have a back up now!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
With a few simple hand tools, you should be able to manufacture another piece pretty easy. Get a piece of aluminum and make one... :thumb: