1989 15HP GAMEFISHER WILL NOT THROTTLE FULL POWER

thebigbat1988

Recruit
I have a 15hp gamefisher that has had the carb rebuilt soaked in chem dip new fuel lines and also had the fuel intake soaked as well . The motor cranks fine and idles fine goes into all the gears fine as it should . I have had a compression test done and no issues there either . It is getting good spark to both plugs as well . The problem is when I place the motor into the forward gear it starts out fine at a low but forward movement but when I give it full throttle it bogs down and want to almost shut off. I have found though that when I shake the motor rapidly while going the motor wants to pick up momentum and run better but if i dont shake it and try to do normal operation i get no power from the motor at all . I did find that the water propellar wasnt working properly and have ordered a new one . Would that have any issue with it as well? I have the manul and it shows also that there is a thermostat on this engine and It is no where to be found on this engine not even by the manuals pictures it shows . PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:

Nordin

Commander
Sounds like you have a fuel issue. Check the fuelline, primerbulb, the pick up in the tank and the fuelpumpdiafragm.

But you have to check it for compression and spark to know you have a healthy engine. If one of these is bad the engine never will run well.
Comression should be about 100-115 psi, it could be a bit lower but most importent it is no more then 10% differens.

thebigbat1988

Recruit
I have checked the spark and both plugs are good for it and also the compression was good as well no issues there . The primer bulb gets hard and fuel is getting to the carb just fine . It runs fine but only runs about 5% of the power the engine has .