Need some help

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
A fellow brought me this motor today and asked if I could help him with it. I believe it is a Western Auto branded Chrysler but, all the plates have been removed so I have no model numbers to work from. I was hoping one of the experts could help me out and maybe point me in the right direction to find a head gasket for him.

There is a number on the gasket, 3289 VC, but I am having no luck looking it up.

The only other number I see is on the carb MT97A.

It was sold to him as a 15 HP Gamefisher. He claims he paid $600 for it and it only ran one time. Any ideas on identification and where I could find a head gasket for him?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Picture of the cover and lower and mid section.
Valley Sales in Prudenville, Mi.
He will have the info/ parts you need.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Not 100% sure, but I don't think it's a 15HP motor. The 9.9 and 15HP Chrysler motors have 8 head bolts. 20HP and above two cylinder motors have 10 head bolts like what your working on.

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
I didn't think it was a 15 either. I have a 9.9 and a 10 and it is definitely a different head than those... But, I was actually thinking is was lower HP. Maybe the pics I take tonight will help. It also has a different LU than my motors.

Nordin

Commander
Older Chrysler/West Bend looked like that. Years from early 60.s to 1967.
The Hp in that range was 6 and 9.2Hp. Next engine was 20Hp and it had a larger power head and carb.

Looking at the size of the carb, I think it is a 6Hp.

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nordin, I was thinking something around that HP. Maybe these pics will help you guys narrow it down.

Nordin

Commander
It can bee a Wards Seaking. The hood looks the same as those. I am in Sweden and here never Wizard or Wards Seaking showed up.
We only got Chrysler and Force.
Google chrysleroutboard dude, he has alot of wideos on youtube with different OB such as Chrysler, Force and Wards Seaking.

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Will the number off the gasket be enough info to call Valley Sales? I haven't been able to lock down what motor this is...