gamefisher 15hp thermostat removal HEEELLLPPPP!!!

skitterbug89

Recruit
so i have a 15hp gamefisher, new water pump kit, new impeller, new plugs, sea-foam....etc. the WORKS. except a new thermostat. so im taking the two bolts off to expose the housing that contains the thermostat and there is a big puffy piece of foam, maybe a gasket that got heated and swelled??? looking at the part schematic it looks like this should not be there. i was going to cut it out to expose the thermostat but i dont want to cause more harm than good. please help,as i think this is the root cause of all the evil sorcery this motor has plagued me with. learning as i go here. motor cranks up and runs like a scalded dog just once at operating temperature fails to pump the sufficient amount of water to allow proper cooling in the motor. which then results in the eventual emergency shutdown. i want to go fishing, not just think about it....and im about to use this motor as my anchor. i really just want to take out the effing thermostat and crank it up to see if this is in fact the problem. new to the forum but can see that this is a wealth of information, thanks for looking and any possible insight would help me and my sanity, haha. cheers!

Nordin

Commander
Please add pics about the thermostate/foam/gasket. It will give us better information and will help us to help you.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Yea, pics and a year might help??
There shouldn't be any foam in the housing.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You should open any links you post.
It only leads to Photo Bucket.
It doesn't show any pics.

Sent U a PM

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Here's the pic he couldn't upload.

I got no idea what that stuff is.???

ANYONE???