Maybe a good project or parts.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Wow someone needs to check that thing out, and save her from the scrap man! If I lived closer I would, if nothing else just to keep it for someone down the line.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Seems he/she is letting everybody know up front it is an absolute total rebuild project. If you can afford it and do the rebuild correctly, it could be a nice boat again. But if you don't want to sink the funds into such a project, and that IS going to take a lot of both money and labor hours, then it isn't worth the money. JMHO!

Tnstratofam

Commander
There is a whole group of people who are Chrysler boat restorers. These boats are getting rarer I think, and they do have some real nice lines. If the hull is in decent shape she would definitely be worth the time and effort. That is if you like them. As with any boat resto lots of people see them as a hole in the water to throw money into, which makes restoring them a waste. If I didn't have an Admiral already torqued that our Stratos isn't finished after two years I'd be aggravating her to go with me on a road trip to pick this one up.

Of course I'm already trying to talk her into a Starcraft Chieftain.:facepalm: I'm a gluten for punishment what can I say.:der::frusty::D

I also have some deep MBS I'm just barely trying to keep at bay.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
There is a cult following for those hulls and a person could most likely recoup the restoration costs (if the wished to sell) The owner should really advertise on The Chrysler Crew where he/she would very likely attract a number of replies. for 150 bucks that boat and engine will sell in a heartbeat. If I were closer I would snap it up.

alldodge

Staff member
Trailer would be worth 150, and if the motor is not locked up that is a bit more. If the hull is not worth fixing or don't want to fix it, cut it up and trash it

Tnstratofam

Commander
Thanks Frank that's the group I was thinking of. Hopefully someone will do just that.

alldodge

Staff member
Don't tell him/her just yet, :tape2: I am waiting for a call back. If I get one my brother in law will go have a look for me. :cool:

Tnstratofam

Commander
That's funny! I've spent the last hour on the phone with the Admiral trying to play nice, and convince her it needs saving. I'm not winning so far. Good luck ALLDodge.

alldodge

Staff member
Got the address and my brother in law will be in route shortly, will advise what happeneds

alldodge

Staff member
Well looks like I I own my first boat with an outboard. In law says it looks real good on the outside and he has all the trim pieces and it does need a new floor. Will be picking it up Sunday and bring it back. Will take some pics afterwards

Edit: and a very big thanks to 3rdtimes for posting :thumb:

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congrats!:encouragement: Oh and thanks for saving me from myself, because the Admiral threatened me with severe bodily harm if I took off for Indiana to pick up another boat that " Just needs a little work dear! ". :beaten::rip:

alldodge

Staff member
Well went to bring the boat home and that didn't happen. Bo (Brother in law) tells me he drove it home and it had a clunk. The clunk turned out there was nothing holding the axel to the boat frame was the springs. Photo509.jpg

The rods which went from the axle to the frame forward were in the boat. A couple of center rollers fell off when I went to move it to see if we could make it safe. So I'll have to make another trip bringing my car trailer to [ut the whole thing on it. I didn't look at the engine but Bo did and he said it looks like there are some new gaskets. New gaskets sounded good but he also said not all the head bolts were in the head and the plugs were out. Bo said the engine can be moved by hand, but I'm wondering if the pistons are in the engine.

Either way it's a basket case but the hull looks good. Photo510.jpg
Photo511.jpg
Photo512.jpg
Photo513.jpg
Photo514.jpg

Last edited: