Power tilt trim washer

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
Hi all. A while ago I took the pump off my ptt and the washer/spacer on top of the motor shaft fell out. Its the one that recesses into the small nipple on top of the pump unit. I manufactured a new one from a bread board which has now failed. I have an engineering firm that will make one from nearly anything I want- I just need to let them know the heat resistance required. They have high wear resistant materials. Some start at 85 degrees Celsius. Does anyone have any clue as to what it was originally made of and, on a whim, what.size it should be????

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I can't quite picture the washer/spacer that you're referring to in my mind so I can't give you any insight as to the size. Maybe a picture would help?

As to the material, if it was not a metal washer/spacer, it was probably Nylon. Standard Nylon is good up to about 85 Celsius. You can upgrade to Nylatron which is more durable and doesn't wear as fast since it is impregnated with lubricant and is good up to about 104 Celsius.

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Pictures for you... Thanks for your replies. See the nipple at the top, where the wires enter the PTT, well, inside there is where it is.... The shaft of the PTT does not engage without this spacer/washer. Any clues??

Attachments

• photo214775.jpg
    photo214775.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo214776.jpg
    photo214776.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0

Justinde

Chief Petty Officer
FOUND IT!!!!! It was between the brushes and the top cover not 'inside' the nipple as previously assumed!!!!! One washer and I'm UP and DOWN baby!!!!