Bought a Force with the prop off. Any hardware that goes on before or after the prop?

777funk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't know these things well enough to know and since I didn't remove the prop, I'm not sure if there are any bushings that go on before or after. I know there's a washer, castle nut and cotter pin after but anything else?

thanks for any tips! This is a 1989 Force 125.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
1989 Force 125 needs a thrust washer behind the prop and a prop nut and washer in front of the prop, possibly a spacer if the splines stick out from the prop hub.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Could always look and see a break down diagram for your particular engine, even on here iboats forums, to see how everything fits. It has worked for me in many situations... Just type in your engine model number and look at all the sections concerning your engine. Then you not only see how it goes together, but also the individual part numbers and parts available for you if needed. JMHO!

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
here are a few example pictures I took for my engine this summer... the thrust washer is slightly different tapper if you have dual exhaust - but if you have single exhaust this is the setup

IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0091.JPG