Who Sells The Best Service Manual For Force Engines?

Steve Zurek

Recruit
I'm a first time boat owner. I purchased a pontoon boat with a 1988 Force 125hp motor. I've already started tinkering with it because it came with problems such as bad trim/tilt motor, hard steering and possibly a worn water pump impeller. Not knowing where the water pump was located I removed the lower leg cover and eventually the gear housing where the water pump is. So who puts together the best service manuals that includes detailed information and most importantly to me torque specifications?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Steve

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The factory manual, from Mercury part is the best. It's expensive.
I think they sell manuals on this site.
Clymer is a second. It is a book that usually covers various years and models.
It also has some tips about different things.
Look on Ebay for the factory book.
I bought a factory manual for a 150 for 12$ including shipping.
Look at the top few post in this forum.
They have info on a lot of different things.
The first thing NOT to touch is the screw on the side of the front of the drive.
I used to have a pic but lost them when they changed things around on the forum.
Maybe someone can post one.

Your local library has manuals and they can get the one for your motor if they don't have it there.

Steve Zurek

Recruit
Jerry

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered a Clymer manual from www.Clymer.com I initially purchased the online manual, I find them easier to manage for the most part. However Clymer's online manual, which is actually provided through haynes.com was difficult to navigate. I couldn't quickly go to a spicific chapter or page. Plus there was no printing option which made it more difficult since my motor is outside and my computer is inside. I called Clymer and they were very friendly and provided me a refund. The refund process required that I fill out a refund request via email, no big deal. Afterwards I purchased the hard copy. Hopefully they will be able to offer a PDF version of their manuals in the future. I have a shelf full of manuals and have found the online PDF version easier to manage and allows me to print out specific pages related to the project.

Thanks again,

Steve