Gauge selection Force 125

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class
With my rebuilt Force 125 broken in and running fine I am on a mission this winter to fit my Checkmate with water pressure and temperature gauges so I can start raising the motor for optimal performance. I'm looking for a temp gauge in the 60 to 200 degree range. Any input on gauges you guys are using and the best way to connect them to the power head will be appreciated. I did get lucky last week. When talking to a friend, he told me of a tach in a derelict Bayliner. Turned out to be a 20 pole free of charge. :)

Attachments

• photo212583.JPG
    photo212583.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 0

foodfisher

Captain
IMO, those guages would be unecessary clutter on the dash. A good working thermostat and water pump impellar would take care of your concerns. If your determined, try Great lakes skipper.

Last edited:

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank for your input Foodfisher. I know what you mean about keeping things simple, but I'm using a 6" set back plate and I want to start raising the prop to see what performance I can squeeze out of this hull/motor set up. I'ld like to keep my eye on engine cooling as I bring bring the prop up. I'll take a look at Great Lakes Skipper. Thanks

Jiggz

Captain
The water temp gauge IMO may be considered a clutter but not the water pressure gauge. The water pressure gauge if properly monitored can actually indicate a failing impeller prior to total failure. I installed a 0~30 PSI water pressure gauge and I know from running my motor, at WOT the water pressure is around 10~12 PSI on the gauge. Any significant change will indicate impeller or cooling problem requiring an investigation. Of course, that is IMO.