1993 force 120HP over heat at wot

mouse4x4

Cadet
OK so if the tube is still tight an doesn't wobble back an force all should be good if it is loose try slowing filling block with water to see if any runs back out around tube if it does gromet is shot.

mouse4x4

Cadet
OK well I changed my lower motor mount out finally, while I was there I pulled lower off tube is solid in mid flowed water up it no leaks until in exhaust housing. I pulled thermostat housing an back flowed water an no debts came out I did with air an water mix still clean. So I then checked impeller in good shape still flexible no cracks an housing is smooth no wear spots. So it went back together with a washer installed again instead of a thermostat. I don't know what else to do. It runs to good to pull apart an start digging an breaking exhaust plate bolts. So needless to say unless someone else has a idea it is getting ran like it is now.

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...s/663392-buzzer-at-first-start-up-of-the-year

Read this post....maybe some help to you. (note the temp that sets off buzzer)
I had this problem after removing and testing the sensor...seems to have made it over sensitive for a short period..then just stopped buzzing, no problems since.
Have you checked the block/head temp with a gun when the buzzer sounds? (maybe you already said you did)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
If you get to the point of removing the exhaust cover: Going SLOW is the best tool.
You need PB Blaster(nothing works as good) a small propane torch a small hammer and the right socket (6 point)or wrench.
Take a couple of pics of the screws and post them.
If there is ANY corrosion or scale on any screws ? Then they will more than likely give you the most trouble.
I start spraying the screws a day or two ahead. Spray a few times each day.
The last day before the actual work begins.Heat the screws after you spray. Then spray and heat a couple of times tapping lightly with the hammer.
This contracts/ expands the metal allowing PB to get into the screws.
Then heat the screws and spray and tap with the hammer then try GENTLY to unscrew.
I have spent 2 hours on 1 screw getting it loose.
Even with all that you might break a screw:(