No luck in finding Tilt Shock Absorber - 1990 Force 120

tsongus

Recruit
I have been searching for a replacement tilt shock absorber (cylinder and rod) for a 1990 Force 120. A person from Bayliner Owner's Forum recommended that I try here. The previous owner of the boat used the rod to hold the weight of the engine from the bracket. It would have been find for few days but he left it that way for 2 years causing the rod to bend slightly.
I am planning to replace the whole cylinder assembly rather than messin around with seals. It turns are these cylinders are hard to come by without paying $000. I had a short lead from the guy in Seattle but he turns out to be a bust. So I am back to looking for a tilt cylinder absorber. I believe these are interchangeable for difference force models. Please help me out if anyone has a lead. Thank you.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Just for clarification. If you're outside of the boat and facing the stern, which tilt cylinder are you referring to? The one on the left or the one on the right?

The reason I ask is that the shock absorber will not hold any weight at all....unless you clamp something around the extended shaft to keep it from retracting back into the cylinder.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You can't do this in the forum, send a PM instead.

Last edited by a moderator: