67 chrysler hard to pull

rustytinman612

Recruit
i got a 67 chrysler 9.9 ran great a few months ago now i can barely pull it, with out plugs in [no it's not in gear] any buddy know anything about these engines that might be common ???? have any idea's ???? or where i can get a picture of the whole thing bearings shaft [ yes there is oil in lower end] ????????????????

wickware

Lieutenant
I have found good diagrams and info in old Chrysler/Force Manuals by Clymer and a Chrysler CD on EBay. I have a 1966 – 1988 covering 3.5 – 140 HP found at a used book store. I have found Clymer’s Chrysler/Force Manuals in our Public Library.

Is there any past history on repairs or observations that might contribute to this issue Have you tried rocking or turning the flywheel directly by hand to eliminate cranking matters vs internal Eng matters? A system of troubleshooting before pulling Eng Case components is my suggestion. The Eng head is probably the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Case component the Pros will suggest you pull to inspect the conditions of the cylinders and Etc.

These are some thoughts. Let a Pro jump in with some specifics from their experiences with this engine.

rustytinman612

Recruit
PUT PB BLASTER IN THE CYLINDERS & BEEN TURN THE FLYWHEEL BUY HAND EVERY DAY DON'T THINK IT'S IN THE MOTOR !!! BUT DO'NT WANT 2 TAKE IT APART WITH OUT PICTURES THINK IT MAY BE A BEARING ???????

wickware

Lieutenant
From my experience on other combustion engines a crank bearing will not seize the engine vs knocking from wear. You usually can feel with a slow rock back and forth of the flywheel or you should hear a knock (Before The Big BANG). IMO when a 2 cycle seize, it's a cylinder/piston/ring matter. Good luck! Hopefully a Pro will jump in soon or repost.

“Chrysler Pro Help Needed On Small Seized Engine”.

Nordin

Commander
It might be some trouble in the gearcase. The gearcase need most attention and maintaine on an OB.

Remember, all the gears in the LU turns when you turn the crank. Does not matter if it is in forward/neutral or reverse.

Check the lube in the LU.