1988 35HP CARBURETOR QUESTION

JEFF MURRAY

Cadet
Can anyone tell me how to lean out my engine / carb ? The guy I bought the engine from a cpl years ago said he set it up a bit rich, after a day of use I notice a bit of raw fuel dripping out the front of the carb. Motor runs pretty good. Thanks for any help

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Just by your question, you are a novice. DO NOT MESS WITH THE CARB! The tendency is to set it too lean and then you melt pistons. It is not worth the risk.

Depending upon atmospheric conditions you can get "Spit Back" fuel dripping from the carb.

JEFF MURRAY

Cadet
Frank, thanks for the reply and concern, yes I am a novice but ONLY because I dont work on carbs for a living but have many rebuilds under my belt, as for "spit back" I'm quite familiar with the condition, this "spit back" on my carb is a bit excessive for my liking and I'm not convinced it's solely based on atmospheric conditions because it occurs 12mo a year in all weather conditions. could you point me to some documentation that will explain the procedure ? My technical service manual doesnt reference it, or I missed it..Thanks