Do we have a motor for sale forum?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No, we don't have a "For Sale" section in the forum. Iboats.com (our host) does have a fee based Boats For Sale area..

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Not being smart but.
There ain't much of a market for a 1972/120 Chrysler.
This time of year people ain't buying they're putting away the toys till spring.
Try e-bay?
Take it apart and sell the pieces.You'll get more money for the parts and pieces.
I wish they had a "For sale" section.
I'm gonna remove the twins and install a single 225 soon.

home-boy

Banned
I know the market is weak on them but this one has had everything replaced and it is still warm down here. What does a new 120 or so hp cost?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Doesn't matter what a new 120 costs. Being a Chrysler and being a 1972, there will not be much market for it. You need to find someone poor who is desperate for a re-power. Even with everything replaced you still have a 300 dollar engine---if it runs well and you include controls. Even I, a die-hard Chrysler fan would stay away from that engine for anything more than 75-100 bucks. Craigslist and even ebay simply will not easily get that engine sold. Sorry for the downer, but it is what it is.

home-boy

Banned
That is a downer. Someone did new points, plugs and wires, dist cap & rotor, new fuel lines, new impeller, everything that it needed to be dependable. I may hold it until spring and find a boat to stick it on and sell as a package.

It fired right up with gas and a battery, I was impressed.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Buying a boat to put it on will actually cost you more for the boat than the motors worth.
Selling it for pieces will get you more$$.
I bought a boat for 300 with a running 87/125 I gave the boat away(ended up in a landfill) and sold the parts for $500 and the trailer for $150
Just keep it and maybe someone will buy it in the spring when people are desperate for fun.

home-boy

Banned
I'd buy a cheap aluminum boat. People here do not understand that fiberglass boats rot. I already dragged one to the dump