1998 force lower unit leaking water

after changing impeller and testing i found this leak.Did i miss something? iwould also like to say thanks for the compression test procedure help. Results were 130 127 130

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
For some reason, can't see the picture that you posted. Probably didn't miss anything. Make sure the washers under the Drain, Vent and Fill plugs are in good shape.

Leak is about at the mid point front to back coming out where the lower case slides into upper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Here I thought that you were saying that water was getting into the lower unit. The picture explains it more clearly. Kind of a a strange spot for water to be coming out. I don't think that there are any weep holes right where the water is coming out.

Unfortunately I think the only way to check is to take the lower unit off. First thing I would check is the water pick up tube. It needs to be seated in the white plastic adapter attached to the outlet of the water pump housing.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
There are some places that water's supposed to drain out.
From the pic it looks like the water's being pushed out under pressure???
If so then something's not hooked up right or installed wrong.
Sometimes the seal at the top of the water tube leaks and the housing can "pressurize" and pump water out or the pump isn't sealing?
Post a couple more close up pics while it's off.

Last edited:
Going to break it down today. Does the water tube just pull out from the bottom so I can inspect the upper seal?