Casting number on Force 120 Block Year???

partsgooroo

Cadet
I have a 120 hp Force outboard and of course the ID tag has fell off. I have a casting number on the block #00-818154-05. Anyone know what year this block would be? I need pistons, etc. Thanks!!

Jiggz

Captain
I believe you would be better off posting a pic of your motor focusing on the ignition system, carbs and also the port side with the exhaust plate. And finally a 3/4 pic of the entire motor with the lower unit. Since you need pistons, you also need to check the existing piston for a stamp on the crown which would indicate if the cylinders have been over bored already or still standard. Of course, you would still need to verify the current bore size with a bore gage.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Under the power packs is a foundry stamp.
Usually towards the top.
In the middle of the stamp is the year it was made.
Like Jiggz suggests post some pics of the whole motor.

partsgooroo

Cadet
Ok this is what I have learned. The piston pin is held in by snap rings meaning it's newer that 94 as per my manual. The casting on the block behind the electrical is 800-818154-05. There is also a casting on the block by the cylinder head near the bottom 8865825 and one more closer to the top by the cylinder head 1014 94.
Are these numbers any good?? I see that weisco list pistons for 1996-99 and the OEM catalog lists a different part number for 95 and 96.
Also no stampings on the pistons so they must be standard. Looks like its never been touched.
​Thanks for any help!!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The casting stamp is usually in a circle with the year in the middle of the circle.