1989 Force 125 - Removed the Clutch Pin by Accident - Was able to put it back; but...

steva44

Recruit
Hi All,

New to this forum, just picked up an older Invader for some fishing. The boat has a 1989 Force 125 and when changing the gear lube I accidentally removed the clutch pin :culpability:. Now I tried to immediately put it back but it was a no go. Also, motor was stuck in gear as I couldn't freely spin the prop.

I saw an older post about removing the top/bottom end, fishing out the yoke, etc etc basically lots of work on an engine I know nothing about. I immediately started swearing and got out the full tool set in anticipation of this and tilted the motor all the way up. I then noticed the little hole of the yoke? (I presume) was about half way visible through the clutch pin hole; it was slipping but not all the way gone. I then took out a tiny flathead and managed to line it back up and pop the pin back in nicely. Now it shifts in and out of gear and it SEEMS like everything is OK. So, my question is... is there anything that could've fallen down/off of that assembly that is now drifting in the gear fluid waiting to detonate my leg? Am I just hopeful that I managed to pop the thing back in place with no harm done? Need someone with some experience in assembling these to chime in.

Thanks a bunch!!
Steve

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
The only thing that could fall off is the small brass yoke that actuates the center shift shaft. If the engine is shifting into both forward and reverse and returns to neutral, nothing has fallen. You are good to go.

mouse4x4

Cadet
man I have been in the same situation I was checking gear oil an woops pulled wrong screw out luckly the motor was trimmed up an it slid right back in went to the boat ramp an backed boat out an went forward an then cracked open a cold one in celibration.