What a cheap temp gauge, Force 4C's, with mid "twin port" exhaust?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Had to do a new mechanical temp gauge ..(goes in the intake manifold) my 77 jacked sky K5 Blazer mudder the off road park here. Knew I had one, but it was 20 feet long. Bought what needed, but got a brain think, the Force 88 125 boat! Rigged the sensor just off the twin ports, . Idle with snout in the water, spits ex and water. On plane? Great water flow over the sensor! No "tell tale needed, no more looking back to see cooling water in the motor! Just look the dash gauge..as if not around 135 degrees? Pic..(if this pic don't show, IBoats, or me but doubt it, got a problem. Last night about EX Force boot, and posted the thread a pic, Iboats would not do zip but tell me "can't post, error ocurred", But sure as a bear pooped in the woods...test shows, but no pic later? Pic don't show, reply again..

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Well again first post hitting enter, took forever.."working" Quit and yep, posted here, but no pic. Bet it works now.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
I give up.. no pic..many puters here, and not my prob Iboats. Gotta be yer end on me? Lifes too short for me too get aggravated...just trying to help others, is a PITA.

stubtail

Petty Officer 3rd Class
so, when your impeller sheds all the vanes and moves no more water, your temp gauge reads ambient air - nice and cool - meanwhile your motor self destructs! Just sayin'

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
No Title

Well, do you ride around always looking back the motor tell tale? More like if ya pick up a baggie in the water, and blocks water flow. And now just hot exhaust and that well show faster gauge than will any overheat alarm. I been working boats for 55 years, so I kinda know what I'm doing. Plus one time slammed into a jelly fish my big boat, gauge showed it fast overheating fast..
Finally got the pic to load.

Attachments

• photo204374.JPG
    photo204374.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Very clever, but why not mount the sensor in the thermostat housing?