Need help Please on my 86 force 125 tilt/trim

bemer

Cadet
No Title

Here what it looks like, is there any more then I have found?

Attachments

• photo203104.jpg
    photo203104.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo203108.jpg
    photo203108.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 0

bemer

Cadet
No Title

Well trim test went south. So I took apart my second one just to see what all I will need to fix it. I took some pics also. Do you know if there are any seals I missed.

Attachments

• photo203104.jpg
    photo203104.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo203108.jpg
    photo203108.jpg
  • photo203108.jpg
    photo203108.jpg

bemer

Cadet
what I found interesting after I took it apart and put it back together again, I pluged each hydro line one at a time and the trim cylinder didn't budge and when I pushed on it while pushed it down it bounce right back into place with the hydo lines pluged

Jiggz

Captain
I hope you decided to replace all the o-rings after taking the trim cylinder apart otherwise, you are just wasting time and efforts, even if all the o-rings look good. The test procedure does not require to push any of the cylinders, tilt or trim. Instead, it requires monitoring of the motor to see if it is drooping down or not from a full tilt position. Deviating from the test procedure complicates diagnosing and should be avoided.

And please focus only on one unit for now. You cannot be testing one unit and be discussing the spare unit at the same time. The leak down test is really not that complicated. First you test for the tilt cylinder; if that is good then you test both tilt and trim, and if that is good that means the VB is causing the leak down. But if on the second test there is a leak down , then the cause is the trim cylinder. Or if the first test indicates leak down, then the tilt cylinder is causing the leak down.

bemer

Cadet
Oh I am gonig to replace the o rings on the trim and hope that fixes it., do you know what the torc specs for the five bolts might be, and if that is all the O rings that are suppose to be.

bemer

Cadet
I have been looking for an exploded view of it so I can compare everything

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

Here's an exploded view. As for the torque I just use the standard SAE-5 grade 1/4"-20 torque which is 8 Ft-lbs or 96 inch-lbs.

photo203188.jpg

bemer

Cadet
thank you I appreciate that a lot, do you know if there's a specific torque down pattern?

bemer

Cadet
Ok well I finally got to finish it up and it worked geat . Thank you for all the help

bemer

Cadet
well I am going to take the lower trim hydraulic lines off and lock them up because they seem to leak at the valve body that still should give me plenty of trim to go up and down in till I get two new valve body to put them into