1988 force 125 flooding

jro

Recruit
Please help me. I have a 1988 Bayliner with a 125 hp force. Problem is I need a carb kit for the two carbs.
The inlet seat is pressed in not the screw in type, I can not find a kit that has the right inlet needle, my needle has no rubber left on them. fuel poors out of the carbs running or not.. Thank you for your time..John

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1988 force 125 flooding

Welcome.
Pics of the needles. Next to a ruler so we can see the size.
I might have one. Maybe someone else will have one.
I've not run across a needle with the rubber gone.
You sure the needle had rubber?
Some did some didn't?
There are some with an o-ring in the bottom of the seat.
Like I said post a pic and maybe we can help?
Fill out the profile, location. You might be close to someone who can help?

jro

Recruit
Re: 1988 force 125 flooding

Thank you for your help, I will look into the info you gave me.. John

jro

Recruit
1979 johnson carb pooring gas out. rebuilt carbs adjusted floats still flooding.. please Help.. model 100tlr79s v4 Javelin. Where is the bowl vent hole at?

Jiggz

Captain
JRO, you cannot use an old thread to post a new problem. Try initiating a new thread instead. Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
JRO, you cannot use an old thread to post a new problem. Try initiating a new thread instead. Thanks.

Actually this is one of the rare times the OP posted to his own thread and he is still having the same problem.

The OP can post any time, with time limits.

Carry on, jro

Did you adjust the float level?

Jiggz

Captain
From 1988 Force 125 to 1979 Johnson? Oh well . . . I guess I am wrong with using old threads to post a new problem especially if a 1988 Force is the same as 1979 Johnson. So if JRO is still having the same problems with his 2015 Honda it is still OK to post on this thread. Got it.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Missed the change in motors. We can only try to do the right thing, Jiggz.

jro - You should post in the J-E forum for help on a Johnson since this thread is in the Chrysler/Force area.

If you don't, you won't be getting much help.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re-rebuild the carbs.
Sometimes the dirt isn't flushed out.
I use Dawn detergent and water, then use an air comp. to blow-dry the parts.
Don't use WD or any silicone sprays it just gums up the works and causes sticking.
Even though this is a Johnson!! I'll lower my standards and try to help. :)

GA_Boater

Re-rebuild the carbs.
Sometimes the dirt isn't flushed out.
I use Dawn detergent and water, then use an air comp. to blow-dry the parts.
Don't use WD or any silicone sprays it just gums up the works and causes sticking.
Even though this is a Johnson!! I'll lower my standards and try to help. :)

Thanks for groveling, JJ. :wink:

We always say to use an air compressor to blow out carbs after cleaning and an air comp. isn't always available. In a pinch I've used a can of air for cleaning dusty computer keyboards and the like. The WD-40 like tube lets you get the air in small passages and it has good Force (and J-E/Merc :smile:) behind it. Just something that has worked for me. YMMV.

jro

Recruit
I will re- rebuild the carbs and clean again. Also adjust the floats to lower the fuel in bowls. Can the fuel pump have to much pis to force fuel pass the float valve seat? What else should I look for Reeds?.. The fuel pours out ... Thank for your help.. The info I got on my Force motor fixed it thanks again for you time... John