force 125 hesitation

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Actually, either the engine is running or simply cranking you should at least read 180V+ between each set of blue and yellow wires. Just make sure you get the proper set, first read resistance between each set of blue and yellow wires and should get proper resistance as mentioned before. Just use the regular DVM to take voltage readings for now.

I am not getting readings between both sets... how do I determine which ones are which?
can they be reverse and the engine will still run?

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Yes sir... I have 2 different ones one is a automatic the other a manual setting dial and both don't get a reading.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Maybe you have the wrong Yellow lead or Blue lead. The Yellow and Blue leads are paired together. One set is for the first CD module cylinders 1 & 2, the second set is for the second CD module cylinders 3 & 4.

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
I tried them in different combination but without avail... there is a set of yellow bleu close together I assume that is set #1 and set #2 are spread apart... is it important which set goes to which module? im assuming it dosent...

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
It doesn't matter which set goes to which CD module as long as they are the correct combination of Yellow and Blue wires. It's been so long since I've measured the stator voltage I'll have to double check it myself. Maybe try between ground and one of the leads?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
OK here's what I found. My DVA adapter is a CDI Electronics P/N 511-9773. This particular adapter is specifically made to fit the Fluke meters which is what I have. I reviewed the instructions that came with the DVA. It states to set the voltage function to DC volts, not AC volts. Apparently the DVA must rectify the AC voltage from the stator so you have to set your meter to DC volts.

I looked at the schematic for the DIY DVA and is shows that there is a diode in series with the meter leads. My apologies for the mis-leading instructions that I gave you earlier telling you to set the meter to AC volts.

Anyways, try it again on DC volts.

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Would anyone know what symptoms would be if I had the wires inversed? meaning the wrong combination of bleu and yellow to the cdi?

Im pretty sure I had them inversed!!

I did DIY dva set my meter to DC bingo!! 250v on #1 220v on #2

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Well looks like the stator is working like it should. I don't know if it really matters which Blue lead gets paired with the Yellow leads. Might try different combinations to see if you get any strange readings with your DVA. Again my apologies for the mis-information. When all else fails....read the instructions! LOL!

Might try reading the voltage with the DVA while the motor is idling to see if you see any fluctuations when it's acting up.

BobList

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sometimes, when it's bogging under heavy throttle, If you just blip the electric choke once or twice, it'll clear out any debris in the jets. This creates a super-vacuum for a split second that will suck a marble through a jet.........

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry everyone it took soo long for me to respond.
to make a very long story short the initial problem with this hesitation video was the flywheel slot key was loose! therefore while running the it would to that hesitation. what actualy happened it actually got so lode that sheared the key and did a huge knocking noise until i got back to shore. i was at my fishing trip. brought it to a local mechanic thought it was toast, after further inspection while removing the flywheel we found the prob. bought a new flywheel put it on and bingo no more hesitation.

hope this helps someone

P.S. i cant seem to add to the title ''PROBLEM SOLVED'' Can a Iboat Mod could update and close thanks

Last edited: