1997 Force not sure I have the original LU on it

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Good day,

Checking out for new prop on Iboat and propellers for my OB are specified as 8 splines. My motor's prop is 10 splines. Bought this motor used. Dealer doing fist maintenance on it wrote 1997 on the invoice. Motor looked mint when I bought it used but with a badly repainted LU. Question: can an older LU (prior to 1996) be installed on a 1997 Force motor ?

Tx

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 Force not sure I have the original LU on it

You will get better results in the Chrysler Force forum.

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You will get better results in the Chrysler Force forum.

Hi Steelespike, That's where we are now. No feedback from anybody else. Submitted problem to Iboat but their response is that they dont support this kind of issues. Cheers

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi pech, it is more than probable that it is off an earlier model, from the prop spec you may be able to source which one it is from, do some research on the parts list of other models and also other HP as my LU can fit up to 6-7 different HP motors ranging from a 75hp to a 140hp, but for anything lower than a 100hp it will have a different ratio. Try looking for the spline type you need and reference it to the different LU's if you can, I am sure others will have a look at your post soon.