120 force lack of power at full throttle

dugan978

Recruit
i have a i think its a 96 or 95 force 120 outboard. boat runs fine at idle and putting around but at wot it will run good for about a minute then it will start to surge (so im thinking fuel related) but if i turn the wheel just slighty it will power up in the turn. but going straight it will die back down. so what is my problem? please and thanks.

Jiggz

Captain
Re: 120 force lack of power at full throttle

That sounds really weird. Anyways, I'll start checking the control cabling in the cowling to make sure none is loose. Second, check the timing tower and its associated linkage for looseness. Check the fuel lines from the primer to the inlet of the fuel pump to make sure none is loose or leaking air. In short, you will need to check all those "lines" that goes through the cowling, i.e. fuel lines, battery cables, control cables, etc to make sure they are tight to where they connect inside the cowling. After that, if the problem persists you will have to troubleshoot to recreate the problem to find out what is causing the "stall", is it due to lack of sparks in one or two plugs or it is fuel related?