125 FORCE 1258X5A ignition weekend funny project

submariner1980

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Past weekend was nasty cold and rainy so I decide to something inside the home for my motor.
Few electronic components from radioshack and some material from hobby store total under $25 for ignition CDM
First step make a gypsum potting mold to duplicate the CDM box.
Time requires for gypsum curing you can use for electronic guts crafting. Wire harness from not working module was used to save all connectors.
Finally pot it with dyed epoxy. For some reason can't upload picture:confused:
And see this bold sparks:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBOCxnCU1rA&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Nordin

Commander
Re: 125 FORCE 1258X5A ignition weekend funny project

Do you have the electronic diagram, partslist of the komponents and the layout for the circuitboard?
Nice thing to build by your self.

submariner1980

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes, I do have circuit diagram and parts list. Layout was made from the scratch, depends what parts size and type do you have
Had some ADMIRAL warning for using her nail enamel without permission to itch circuit board.

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

LOL good job, watch those Admirals they have a lot of power when it comes to you getting on the water :lol:

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

Here is some information that I have used successfully regarding a DIY CD Module. Works very well.

Silicon Chip Online - Replacement CDI Module For Small Petrol Motors
I had read this post but before you had put this on pnwboat, but ol' Jiggzy linked it to me in another thread. This was bloody awesome for me, I now have a better understanding of the electrical. As I say I am an electrician but mainly deal in Industrial commercial voltages not auto voltages.