throttle 125 force

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
here is throttle end connectors.

I did not take a picture before removal.

which end goes were? the long one goes to throttle and the short to the gear case? or vise versa

thanks

mike

throttle.jpg

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: throttle 125 force

You can't tell by looking at the end of the connectors. What you can do is put the throttle handle in the neutral fast idle position. Move the throttle handle forward. Which ever cable moves is the throttle cable. The one that doesn't move is the one that gets connected to the gear case.

Or you could just hook'em up and see what happens....you have a 50 - 50 chance of getting it right LOL! Just kidding.

Last edited:

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer

Pnwboat the cable selection is the easy part. my question is the ends. I unscrewed the metal ends from the cables and I don't know which ends goes were.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Sorry I mis-understood what you were asking. My apologies. Now I see what you are asking. I'm not sure if there is any real standards for what you're asking.

I think that if you know for sure which is the throttle and which is the gear shift, hook up the cables to the clamps on the linkage without the ends installed and the throttle in the neutral (normal idle) position. Look at the distance between the end of the threaded cable, and the little ball stub on the block that the screw on quick connector attaches to. The cable that has the larger distance use the longer screw on quick connector connector.

It really doesn't make a whole lot of difference which connector goes on which cable. They both serve the same purpose. The only problem if you get them on the wrong cable, is the cable length on the gear case shift may be off a bit making it hard to get into/out of gear. If you find this is the case, then just reverse the screw on connectors.

Last edited:

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer

no apology necessary.. I should have been more specific.

what you said makes sense thanks!!

mike

Jiggz

Captain

I believe the longer end goes to the gear shifter while the shorter end goes to the control tower or throttles. Length wise, the gear shifter should be longer, which is how my 89'-125HP is configured.

Nordin

Commander

Hey guys !!!! One of the connectors shall have a spring inside (springloaded) and this one should be at the throttle.
The purpose of this is that it will allow the gearshift to do full stroke before the throttle starts to move.
This will get a smooth gear/throttle sync.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

The two you show are the same thing just one is longer.
The spring loaded one is for the throttle.
You don't have the spring loaded one.
To install.Hook up the cables without installing the ends.
Shift throttle through the gears.F N R ending in N
Then see where the cable ends are.
I'll bet the short one will fit on the shifter.
The long one on the throttle.
Once the connectors are on.Make sure the shifter is in N and adjust the end to fit loosly over the stud.
The throttle will need to fit with a bit of a pull as you put it on the stud.
That puts tension on the throttle and keeps the idle down to where it's supposed to be.