1996 40HP tracker 2 cylinder swap to 70 hp 1995 force

gene6

Recruit
is there any chance i can use the electrical harness from the tracker to hook up the force motor. any potential problems that i might have. both have power trim, but the tracker is an add on. i will be using the force power trim and may have to wire that separate. gene

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 40HP tracker 2 cylinder swap to 70 hp 1995 force

Assuming that your Tracker was made by Mercury?

I believe they were both using similar Mercury styled harnesses by '95.

Cables and controls should work as well.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I am reasonably sure that the Mercury harness has the power tnt wires included--as standard, whether or not the engine has tnt. They will be a bullet connector green and white, and blue and white set of wires outside the connector but included with the cable. So: If your Mercury control box has a tnt switch, all you need to do is connect the wires inside the engine cowl. However, I am not sure whether or not the 1995 Force has the Mercury wiring connector.

gene6

Recruit

I am reasonably sure that the Mercury harness has the power tnt wires included--as standard, whether or not the engine has tnt. They will be a bullet connector green and white, and blue and white set of wires outside the connector but included with the cable. So: If your Mercury control box has a tnt switch, all you need to do is connect the wires inside the engine cowl. However, I am not sure whether or not the 1995 Force has the Mercury wiring connector.

Thank you both for the info. it is going to be a interesting project. I am sure I will have to ask more questions before I am done. gene