Pictures of (1992?) Force 120 HP for ID assistance.

Jake2055

Recruit
In my previous thread I asked for ways to ID the eng info for ordering parts for a Force 120 HP Mercury Motor that came on a boat I just purchased. I know the Vol reg/powerpack is bad but cannot order parts without eng id info. Several tried to help and requested that I publish Pictures to help them to help me. Here they are..taken today.

BassBoatPics (2).jpg Transom bracket r/s..looks like 'void' where decal may have been removed.
BassBoatPics (4).jpg Number on R/s eng block near carbs
BassBoatPics (5).jpg Powerpack/volt reg that I need to replace..How could I have missed that?
BassBoatPics (8).jpg Starter may have been repl in '99

I have a few more pics but can only attach 5 per post. If these do not help then I will post another 5 on another message.
Thanks for all the help so far folks!

Attachments

• BassBoatPics (1).jpg
    BassBoatPics (1).jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jiggz

Captain
Re: Pictures of (1992?) Force 120 HP for ID assistance.

Jake, good start but the pics are too close up to ID the engine. As requested, post a pic like a 3/4 view of the engine with the cowling off on each side. The stbd side should show the ignition system and the carbs while the port side should show the exhaust plates, starter, carbs. Both pics should also show the head with the plug wires. Might as well include a frontal pics showing the carbs or even 3/4 view of the carbs.

As for that voltage regulator/rectifier unit, it is common to all 120's (part # 815279T 5) and it costs around $150.00! With such a hefty price forum members have decided to use generic or mods by using universal reg/rec unit used on snowmobiles or 4 wheelers like this one. If you want more info on this try searching the forum for keyword "universal rectifier"

Universal Regulator/Rectifier

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Look under the rectifier.There might be a foundry mark there.
The starter "if" original it might have a date.
Most motors and boats were a matched pair.
You can contact the boat maker for the details.
Just send your HIN# and they will have the info.
The second pic is a part #.

jpwilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looking at your lower "driveshaft housing" this engine appears to be a 1996-1999 as that housing is unique to those years. Provided that it wasn't swapped out at some point. The starter is a newer 1999 unit and most likely is original. I'd guess that it's a 1996-1999 motor. based on what I see the 3/4 pictures would help. Look to see if it's also got the "red" stater assembly.