chrysler 907HA ignition wiring diagram

rholmes

Recruit
i need a wiring diagram of a 90hp 907ha chrysler ignition switch unsure if its original or not. i want to know which wire goes where. is it worth getting a new universal push to choke starter? also some pointers on what not to do when wiring the switch.
thanks Rhys.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: chrysler 907HA ignition wiring diagram

Is it a distributor engine with Motorola ignition or a later Chrysler with Prestolite electronic ignition? The switch is wired differently for each.

At the present time, you should have a six pole, push-to-choke switch. Red attaches to the "B" terminal, Yellow: "S" Green: "C" Black is a common ground not attached to the switch. Orange is an overheat indicator wire, again, not attached to the switch. If the switch is not functioning, then by all means replace it with a push-to choke type. If it is functioning and has a separate choke switch or button on the dash, then the choice is yours. Do you want to continue to use it or do you want the starting convenience of a push-to-choke switch?

With Prestolite ignition, Blue and White each attach to an "M" terminal (there are two on the switch, use both). This is stop circuit. Purple is Tachometer signal, again, not attached to the switch.

With Motorola ignition, Blue is attached to the "I" or "A" terminal. This is power to the CD box only in start or run position. White is tachometer signal and not attached to the switch. Purple is not used.