85 hp Chrysler Stator wires .

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have 2 gray wires coming from the stator i bought this motor missing the rectifier for battery chargeing , i know the stator producrs AC volts i know how to connect the rectifier up just want to double check , does it matter on wich terminal the gray wires go on i also know one terminal out of the 3 goes to battery + that leaves me with 2 terminals for 2 gray wires , as AC volts is alternating curent how to tell wich gray wire goes on wich terminal . iam aware that the rectifier has a blocking diode biult into it .thanks :joyous:

Last edited:

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 85 hp Chrysler Stator wires .

Doesn't matter which of the two AC terminals on the rectifier are connected to the battery charging wires from the stator. There is no "polarity" for the AC output like there is with DC voltage.

Typically there is also a ground wire too, but not in all cases. Depends on the type of rectifier that you have.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 85 hp Chrysler Stator wires .

Alternating current is just that--alternating. That means that the direction of current flow reverses on both wires. Since the alternator is delivering single phase power, in this case it doesn't matter which A/C terminal either wire is attached to.

Just be certain that both alternator wires are connected to the A/C terminals on the rectifier and the ground is connected to the Minus terminal. Positive, of course goes into the wire loom and eventually, through the circuit breaker, charges the battery.

Now, if we were discussing industrial three phase power with either "Y" or Delta configuration, THEN location of wires is important.

Last edited: