1999 Force, trim/tilt or electrical problem

atxman

Recruit
PO told me down relay was finicky and to replace soon; needed tapped to make work sometimes. Nursed it for 2 yrs, usually not too bad, finally got bad and worked the thumb switch pretty hard in the meantime. Found relay, replaced just as the entire thing cratered and it will not go down at all with old or new relay. Tried several things so far: Switched relays, both work. Switched green/blue wires and I could then get to retract down, but while pushing the thumb switch 'up.' Have a trailer switch in front and both switches get same result; up works, down does not and I can make either work by switching blue/green wire. [then can get engine down, by doing switch in 'up ' direction] Not knowing auto electronics well, it would seem that problem is between the two switches and the motor. Console is a Quicksilver Commander 3000. If the main, thumb switch has cratered, can that also cause trailer switch not to work? Trying to ID line problem, before I tear into console to tinker with switch - which does not look easy.,, Any suggestions appreciated..

Austin boat enthusiast.....

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Force, trim/tilt or electrical problem

Try replacing the switch?
Try moving the leads on the switch and seeing if it works from there?
If you switch them and it works then the switch is probably bad.

RRitt

Captain
Re: 1999 Force, trim/tilt or electrical problem

hot wire the motor and see if everything works perfect. if it does then you know for sure it is in wiring. Wiring includes switch, fuse, relays, connectors, and wire.