Chrysler 105 hp 1057 he ... Hard to turn over..not started for 5 years

marsfcp

Cadet
Hi guys.... Have been given old boat with a chrysler 105 hp .... Model is 1057he.... Was hard to turn over.. Suspected that pistons were stuck from so long not being started... I sprayed wd40 into spark plugs in head gasket ... And turn key a couple of times and noticed the starter motor was moving the pistons slightly....

Sprayed more and motor fired up ,,, run rough and noticed carby (the one on the bottom) pissing out fuel from float overflow....

What happened next is the problem im having.. I turned everything off and decided that motor needed a good clean and service the carbys i decided to spray so more wd40 into the head again but this time the tube that the wd40 can comes with poped of and feel into cylinder no 2.... Guys what do i do now... I used some cable and tried to feel if i could get it but i dont think its in their.. Could it have gone straight into exhust.... I removed inlet cover to see and piston is set right back and their was nothing their... I need some advise... Do i remove exhust manifold or will it just get blown out if i start it again??

Attachments

• IMG_20130925_160459.jpg
    IMG_20130925_160459.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chrysler 105 hp 1057 he ... Hard to turn over..not started for 5 years

The chance of it going straight out the exhaust are slim.
Starting it and hoping it will get blown out is again slim chance.
Try turning the flywheel a bit and see if it moves the red thingy around so you can get it.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

It is a plastic tube. it will get chopped-up and blown out the exhaust. Some might melt and stick to the piston head or combustion chamber.

Depending upon how you feel about it, either start the engine and run it or remove the head and take out the tube. Third option: With that cylinder at bottom dead center, remove the bypass cover and fish out the tube through the bypass ports.

chrome dome

Petty Officer 1st Class

you could buy something like this to have a look inside the cylinder then you
would know for sure
USB Mini Inspection Camera with Magnet, Hook, and Mirror - Jaycar Electronics
there are different types,
you can also use them to check for score marks etc etc on cylinder walls,
l have two types,
the one above that needs a laptop etc or one that has its own screen,
bought them after reading of exactly your scenario awhile ago
just a thought...

Last edited:

marsfcp

Cadet

.. Thanks guys ... I might get camera , always wanted to get one of these. Always handy.... No shore of condition of motor and dredding to disasemble head ,, i know that bolts are hard to get out and snap all the time...

marsfcp

Cadet

hi guys.. just an update ...
used camera as suggSnap0002.jpgIMG_20131009_190534.jpgested by chrome dome.. and results are that i could not see anything...
here is a pic i took... i see that the exhurst ports are open and thats were it went...

since i couldnt see anything i decided to run a compression test and the result were #1 was 115 psi # 2 was 115 #3 was 112 #4 was 110 ... is that a good result or am i in trouble... i did test only with hand tightend plugs... and sprayed wd 40 before cranking....

foodfisher

Captain

Compression looks OK. A little low but a test with the plugs out and/or a different tester could show higher results.