cooling flow issues 1997 75 hp Force

Guzzibob

Recruit
Hi Guys : New member so if I sound like a newbe I am.
I have a 1997 75 hp Force, just resealed the lower unit and replaced the water pump. My question is I seem to have good water flow out the exhaust but hardly any out the pee tube @ idle . If I raise the rpm then I get flow from the pee tube but not high pressure. I checked the therostat , seems to be ok. Is there a bypass valve that may be stuck open ?
I did connect a garden hose directly to the water supply tube ( with lower unit off ) and got the same results. Thoughts ?
Thanks for the reply ! I just found out how to start a new thread . It is a 1997 75 hp Force ELPT Ser.# oe26077
The old impeller looked good but the gasket had blown in front and back of the impeller.The owner said he can't remember ever changing it before. The water flow out the exhaust looks good even @ idle just need to raise engine speed to get water out the pee tube. :confused:
New info , I may have found the issue . The parts breakdown shows a thermostat spacer part # 828311
it is not in this unit. I installed a piece of ziptie between the stat and stat seal and now I have good pee tube flow @ idle. Could the missing spacer be the issue ? If so why would they even use a seal ?

Last edited: