79 75 HP Chrysler Fuel Pump leaking

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well for anyone who has seen my other post i'm back, lol. After finally working things out and got it out on the lake for a whole day of fun and two tanks of gas now a new problem has arisen. Got about 5 miles from the ramp and it started dying at WOT, backed off and was good then we took off again and got 50 yards and started again. Then it died and wouldn't start. Got towed back to ramp and loaded it and started trouble shooting and i noticed gas squirting out from fuel pump area. The gasket around the fuel pump housing was toasted. Looks to be the original, the rest of the fuel pump was done last year just not that gasket. It's an easy fix but I can't seem to find the part. I need a gasket for the fuel pump housing. It's the big square box that the fuel pump sit's in and mounts to the block. I can't seem to find one even if I have to buy the whole kit to get it, that is fine. Model #757H9E.

Thanks,
Donnie

Last edited:

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 79 75 HP Chrysler Fuel Pump leaking

That's it. Thanks

Nordin

Commander

Try FranzMarine he might sell only the gasket, buy a powerheadgasket kit it is in that or make your own gasket out of a sheat of gasketpaper.

Ohh, did not see they are available at Crowley Marine as pnwboat notice.

Last edited:

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Made my own gasket while I wait for the new one. Now the starter is dead, took it apart and one magnet was broke in half and a piece of metal broke off from the bracket where the pieces of metal with wires attached and a spring under it sit. So got one on order, should be here sometime this week. I think the starter solenoid is bad now too. I tried to repair the starter and put it back on with no luck and now the circuit breaker keeps popping if I try to start or even make the choke engage.