1975 75 hp Chrysler O/B choke button wiring.

74imperialV173

Recruit
Ok. So I need some help wiring in a push button choke for my 1975 75 hp Chrysler O/B. When I bought the boat the guy was able to start the motor up, but had to mess with the wires on the ignition switch a bit to get it to run. Needless to say some of the wires were no connected properly. After I removed all the old connectors and cleaned everything up, I realized that the boat's ignition was a auto ignition from an auto parts house. Now I need some help wiring the choke into this auto ignition that has 4 posts to connect wires to (BAT. , ACC, IG, ST) . I have a wiring diagram, and have connected the red wire to the BAT, the yellow wire to the ST, Blue to IG, white to the ACC. But I do not know how to run the green wire from the harness or the wires from the push button together. Can anyone help me out?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 1975 75 hp Chrysler O/B choke button wiring.

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

You would run a wire from the red battery wire on the ignition switch to one terminal on the push button and the choke wire to the other terminal.

74imperialV173

Recruit
Re: 1975 75 hp Chrysler O/B choke button wiring.

Thanks NYBo! I gave it a try and it turns out that the choke solenoid is bad. But at least my wiring is complete now.