need force part number fk721706

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlmccall

Cadet
Guys im stuck hear. I need fk721706 bad. I cannot find it anywhere. My boat is in the shop and the only thing to guy can do is try to rtv the seal. Im not happy with that fix and need this part. Where can I find it please help...

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: need force part number fk721706

Bit better description? Like the name? Year etc?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Last edited:

carlmccall

Cadet

its for my force 85hp. its to nla part that everyone needs its the gear cover seal. fk721706.. There was a guy that a name here that just went through this rust something or other.. but he said he found a place that had them and was all set but he never once said where. I pm him and every thing. but no response.. I need a fix asap. its at the shop now and the guy is just rtving it back together and said just run it... but the gear case is only holding 5psi.. I would rather fix it right...

carlmccall

Cadet

franz don't have it anymore and said good luck... I can not belive that this part is used on motor up to 1995. but now is no longer available.. I would be mad as hell if I owned a 95 motor and couldn't get an important part.. That's awfull new to stop making parts for...

skintner

Seaman

mercury no longer makes this part

I would try Mastertech Marine in Florida... these guys seem to have sources for Force parts located all over the country.

you can email them at mtech at mastertechmarine.com

They have an online catalog but it's not too easy to navigate.

steve

carlmccall

Cadet

im waiting on a response form the mastertech.. I wounder if the shaft seal can be r/r?? The guy working on my motor now says that it cant be and I have to replace the whole part..

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

If the original seal has a tear, it's usually not repairable. If you could find a rubber bellow seal that was for some other application that has the right dimensions, you could probably use it. Problem is that it may be a lot of trial and error, and cost.

carlmccall

Cadet

no no I found a thread here where a lady named karla was going through the same thing. She hammered out the drive shaft seal and installed new ones. the guy fixing my boat said the seal is not replaceable and I had to replace the whole part... FK721706

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...9/33.png&inbr=1309&bnbr=14&bdesc=GEAR+HOUSING

see if that link works.. It shows all the seals.. so what is my mechanic talking about?

carlmccall

Cadet

This day wont get over soon enough.. wish it wasn't sunday

carlmccall

Cadet

I owed my mechanic an apology. It wasn't the driveshaft seal which is replaceable it is the older style plate that has the bellows. Its the shift shaft that is leaking. So I do need a new plate cover or find some how an obsolete style bellow...Carl

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer
I'm running into the same problem on a lower unit repair. Did you ever find a fix?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm running into the same problem on a lower unit repair. Did you ever find a fix?

This thread is over 4 years old and the OP has not returned so he won't be answering the phone.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.