1986 Force 85hp Power Trim Installation question

ASColodner

Cadet
Recently purchased a power trim (factory) and need installation assistance. Does anyone have an installation instructions? Could someone provide a picture of an installed trim? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1986 Force 85hp Power Trim Installation question

I'll take some pics in the am.
All the old tilt and lock needs to be taken out.
It's easier to do this when hanging from a lift or tree.
Ever been in salt water? If so it might be a real fun job:)

ASColodner

Cadet

That would be very helpful. I have had the boat in salt water but the transom and bolts are all clean and turn freely (I guess I am lucky). The tilt I have is off the identical boat/engine. Again thanks. I have seen it work. Getting the old manual tilt lock off was easy.

ASColodner

Cadet

Any luck on the pictures for the trim install?

msova2

Cadet

Just wondering how you made out? I just did this same installation last weekend on my 85hp. Came out awesome and was a PITA to get off the old transom bracket. If you still need some pictures I may be able to help after work today. (Finally, my first post! )

NYBo

Admiral

Just wondering how you made out? I just did this same installation last weekend on my 85hp. Came out awesome and was a PITA to get off the old transom bracket. If you still need some pictures I may be able to help after work today. (Finally, my first post! )
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

He got it all worked out, but an offer to help in your first post is a good thing! http://forums.iboats.com/force-chrysler-outboards/1986-force-85hp-trim-619181.html

ASColodner

Cadet

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

He got it all worked out, but an offer to help in your first post is a good thing! http://forums.iboats.com/force-chrysler-outboards/1986-force-85hp-trim-619181.html

Install was fairly easy. Had trouble lining up holes for shaft but used a dowel. Boat in water in LBI. Now I have think it needs hydrolic fluid as it doesn't hold in upright position very long. Will look at it when I get home.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Sorry I didn't post pics. My camera took a dump and my phone's pics are horrible.
Fill it while it's in the down position.
Then cycle it up and down.
Then top off as needed.
Then if it still drops you need to do a leakdown test.
But more than likely your gonna need a new pump????