1990 Force 90hp Prop seal, need help finding the right part.

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1990 force 90hp outboard. Got some seaweed wrapped up pretty good in the prop this weekend and noticed a nice oil slick in the water at the dock. I pulled the prop off and there is a press in shaft seal right behind the prop that sea weed was forced into and deformed the seal, I could see oil trickling out of it once i removed the weeds.. I CANNOT seem to find the correct part. Can someone here please help me locate it? Thanks!!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Force 90hp Prop seal, need help finding the right part.

Remove the spool and drive out the seal. Then take it to your local bearing supply store. They can match it. Just specify ALL STAINLESS construction.

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!!

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I cannot get the retaining ring unscrewed to pull the spool out. So I drilled holes in the seal housing and pryes seal out with screws. Only to fund the seal below it chewed into pieces. (Not from me) now it looks like I need to yank the spool. Any advice?

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK so i found that i need that special spanner wrench to get the spool retaining ring off.. I have searched for hours and cannot find a force specific/compatible wrench.. Im not sure which one to purchase and I really need some help.

force specific wrench #FT11275