1986 force 125 hp spark plug wiring order

quebarnes

Recruit
Can anyone tell me if the spark plug wiring orders goes like this: ignition coils are in a row from top to bottom. does the top one (fiirst) go to top plug (first) and 2nd to 2nd and so on. if not please tell me how they go.

Thanks
Quentin

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1986 force 125 hp spark plug wiring order

You got it. Spark plug wire from the top coil goes to the top spark plug on number 1 cylinder, and so on down the line.

quebarnes

Recruit

You got it. Spark plug wire from the top coil goes to the top spark plug on number 1 cylinder, and so on down the line.

Thank you.
1 more question if you can help me. back fires when you get it started out the exhaust, i have the cables from the gear shft dis connected. could this be caused from the timing not being advanced at the same time throttle is given kinda like on a truck/car motor. just giving it some throttle with the arm on the carbs, it doesnt move anyhting else but them. any ideas?

Thanks again

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You didn't mess with the other connectors?
The back fiing could be the timing,or even the fuel pump diaphram.
It could also be the air screws not set right. Turn in till they just bottom out and then out 1 turn.

quebarnes

Recruit

You didn't mess with the other connectors?
The back fiing could be the timing,or even the fuel pump diaphram.
It could also be the air screws not set right. Turn in till they just bottom out and then out 1 turn.

Thanks a bunch i will be checking all of this in the morning when i get off work.

Thanks Again
Quentin

Jiggz

Captain

Thank you.
1 more question if you can help me. back fires when you get it started out the exhaust, i have the cables from the gear shft dis connected. could this be caused from the timing not being advanced at the same time throttle is given kinda like on a truck/car motor. just giving it some throttle with the arm on the carbs, it doesnt move anyhting else but them. any ideas?

Thanks again

Depending how much and how fast throttle you give it can actually back fire because the timing tower is not moving at the same time as the throttle valves. However, if you do it slowly and not too much (maybe less than 3500 RPM) it shouldn't back fire at all.