1997 Force 75 oil leak

happyboater2013

Recruit
Hi, my 75hp force started leaking a lot yesterday. I haven't used it much this year but I had never had any trouble like this before. I do my own winterizing every year so I am not sure what I should take apart to fix it.
Here is a pic of where the oil is leaking. It was so much that people near by were asking why I was leaving such a big stain in the water... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0

DAN M VAGOS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 Force 75 oil leak

I know that on both my boats when I put the engine all the way up on tilt the oil gas mix would pour out of the carbs and drain down the lower leg and pour out but it was at the rear of the leg not in the front . Look under the hood and see if there is a lot of oil draining out of anything.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

To make sure it's not the drive leaking, change the oil.
Any water?
If not, then the stuff is unburned gas/oil.
Like Dan suggested,tilting the motor and the gas/oil dripping down.
The gas evaporates and the sludge filters out at the easiest point.
I use Dawn or Purple power to clean inside the covers.
I leave the hose in the sun for about an hour and have HOT water to help disolve the sludge.

happyboater2013

Recruit

To make sure it's not the drive leaking, change the oil.
Any water?
If not, then the stuff is unburned gas/oil.
Like Dan suggested,tilting the motor and the gas/oil dripping down.
The gas evaporates and the sludge filters out at the easiest point.
I use Dawn or Purple power to clean inside the covers.
I leave the hose in the sun for about an hour and have HOT water to help disolve the sludge.

Thanks Guys. I really appreciate taking the time. I keep the motor up unless in the water and have never had so much leaking... I am going to clean the engine as best as I can and change the oil. Maybe the problems is a combination of dirt and bad change oil job last time. If I see anything else that is not normal I may ask again.
Have a great 4th of July