15 hp force 1987 help!!

G

can somebody tell me wtf this is and where it goes the traded mechanic does not know and claims it runs fine

Attachments

• picture024.jpg
    picture024.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • picture025.jpg
    picture025.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 15 hp force 1987 help!!

From what I can tell it's upside down.Turn it half way around. and see if it connects to the shift or throttle??

G

I only put the part to the top so it is easier to see. I looked all over and can't figure it out. No clue where it goes or what the broken plastic piece is at the tip. I cannot find it in any diagrams I looked at. Funny part is the engine runs fine

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I think it's the part that stops it from starting in gear?
http:// www. boats . net /parts/search/Merc/Force/1987/H0152S87A/parts.html Remove the spaces.
#10 on the parts pic.

G

I think your right. I will look as soon as I get home

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

That connects to the shift linkage. In neutral, it is centered so that the magneto advance plate can not pass the plastic piece and advance timing and carb to full throttle. In forward or reverse, it moves the plastic stop up and down to clear the magneto advance plate and allow full throttle operation. From the photos, I can not tell how it connects to the shift linkage. Force changed it a couple of times and it is different from Chrysler so offhand I don't know.