1994 Force 120 power trim pump

dansir

Recruit
Looking for help on repairing power trim/tilt 4 line valve body. Is there a rebuild kit available for this unit. Serial number from motor is 0E01466. I have tried to find a similar unit but all my hydraulics come into the bottom of the valve body vertically. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks

RRitt

Captain
Re: 1994 Force 120 power trim pump

there is not kit. typically, the manual release valve breaks off inside of manifold. you will need a very long and thin screw extractor and a 3/32 drill bit. completely disassemble system until you have just a bare manifold. there is a small hole that lines up with tip of manual release. You will need something to keep your drill bit square and true as you go through this small hole to drill a 3/32" through the embedded MRV tip. Flip the manifold 180 degrees and use your 4" x 3/32 screw extractor to remove the mrv tip. Make sure that your extractor stays inside the pilot hole and does scratch the insides of manifold. thoroughly clean, wash, and polish all steel moving parts using 800-1200 wet dry and drop of honing oil. inspect springs for rust spots and replace as needed. inspect aluminum for any signs of burning or scoring. replace as needed. do not hone any of the aluminum. if there are any small burrs or buildup on aluminum then polish carefully with #600 rubberized dremel tip. Once all the metal parts are perfect then reassemble. I do these pumps 40-50 at a time so that i don;t have to keep getting out and putting away all the specialized probes, bits, tips, etc. It still takes me about 2 hours per. It can be done faster, but the failure rate skyrockets when even small corners are cut.