1971 Chrysler 120 model 1207hc wiring ?

Ryanmolnar55

Seaman Apprentice
2013-05-20_20-59-14_222.jpg

So I just bought a 74 Cruisers 18' with a 120hp Chrysler, I noticed the orange wire in the pic hanging under the controls it?s hooked to the ACC on the switch well my ? is what would that go to. I was thinking the radio or the fish finder. Is there a designated area for it? Also the throttle arm is loose in the clamp it was wrapped in electrical tape to keep in place well is there anything else i can use or is there a part i can get for it? I?m new to this and I hope these aren?t dumb ??s I?m use to jerry rigging things but I?d rather do it the right way so i don?t have to contact the Coast Guard when I?m out.

Nordin

Commander
Re: 1971 Chrysler 120 model 1207hc wiring ?

Orange wire is for overheatbuzzer or overheatindicationlight. The clamp for the throttle should be over the notch in the end of the cablecover.

Ryanmolnar55

Seaman Apprentice

Orange wire is for overheatbuzzer or overheatindicationlight. The clamp for the throttle should be over the notch in the end of the cablecover.

Thanks Nordin

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Undo the 2 screws on that clamp. Then move the cable forward till the groove is in the clamp an tighten down.
There should be an buzzer or horn to signal overheat.
Some of the older ones had the buzzer in the control?
Look under the dash for a black thingy.
The orange lead will power the buzzer.
It works by the sender providing ground, completing the system when the motor gets hot.
Hook it to the hot lead from the starter(ON) and ground out the sending unit on the motor.
It should make the buzzer sound off(where ever it is).
If it doesn't sound then test it and make sure it's working.

Ryanmolnar55

Seaman Apprentice

Undo the 2 screws on that clamp. Then move the cable forward till the groove is in the clamp an tighten down.
There should be an buzzer or horn to signal overheat.
Some of the older ones had the buzzer in the control?
Look under the dash for a black thingy.
The orange lead will power the buzzer.
It works by the sender providing ground, completing the system when the motor gets hot.
Hook it to the hot lead from the starter(ON) and ground out the sending unit on the motor.
It should make the buzzer sound off(where ever it is).
If it doesn't sound then test it and make sure it's working.

Thanks, that worked on the throttle linkage idk why i didnt think of that lol. Ill be working on the wiring soon. Started raining hard, gosh I need a pole barn.