1987 force 50 hp- no spark in both plugs.... new to this motor and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmills11

Recruit
My force is getting the fuel and air but no fire. can't figure out why the plugs wont fire due to the fact that I dont have much knowledge on the force outboard. Any help will be great help thanks!boat.jpg

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 1987 force 50 hp- no spark in both plugs.... new to this motor and need help

Kill switch connected?

dmills11

Recruit
Re: 1987 force 50 hp- no spark in both plugs.... new to this motor and need help

I have it wired Now I get very little spark in both plugs almost like nothing at all. Any help would be great.

Eddie Rivera

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In my case it was the stator. I had To remove the fly wheel and visually inspect it and discovered 4 holding screws were lose. And it shorted and burnt. So I replaced it. Also you need to test each coil and the ignition module as well. These guys here are amazing. They all want to help. Get a manual and start searching through YouTube and be patient and willing to try it all or go pay big bucks. Good luck !

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

tester2.jpg

Get a spark tester.One that measures spark strength.
Weak spark could be a loose connection,loose ground,wire under the flywheel rubbed through and touching?
Shorted stator?
Go to outboard ignition . com or CDI Ignition both have test procedures for your motor.

foodfisher

Captain

Dashboard or thereabouts. Has a lanyard with a key one end, the other end attaches to the driver. Asking and some spark indicates you probably don't have one.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Was wondering if you have every fixed it?having same issue

The OP has not visited since starting this thread. Read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new topic with your question.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.